Sunday, April 20 with special guest John Woods
In this intensive, hands on introduction to the JK Optical Printer, students will learn how to use the printer in digital and analog film post-production with Super 8 and 16mm film. Digitize your footage at 2K quality or learn how to duplicate film and create 16mm film printsEach Odd Sunday will take place between 10am - 2pm and will be free to attend, but attendance at the Annex Orientation is a prerequisite. This is a scheduled workshop, so please arrive on time.
This is an open drop-in and visitors do not have to participate, but all visitors are strongly encouraged to attend our Annex Orientations. Visitors are encouraged to ask questions and to ask for hands on introductions to any of the resources at the Cineworks annex facility.
Members and non-members are equally welcome.
All of the facilities will be available, including:
- Animation studio digital or analogue, stand, drawing desks
- Film Processing lab, print enlargers, ventilation, etc.
- Steenbeck 16/35mm film viewer with sound
- JK Super-8 / 16mm to 2k digital transfer/optical printer
- 16mm and 35mm contact printers
- 8/S-8, 16/S-16mm projectors, screens
- 18-seat theatre with sound system
- production space